einen blog

Saturday, July 01, 2006

My new bank

Yes, I do have a swiss bank account now. But, which Swiss bank did I choose?

The main branches of all the banks are on this street called the Bahnestrasse, which is also the main super-posh shopping street (Cartier, Tiffany, etc). I hadn't quite figured out the tram system here yet, so I'm tooling along down the street on the tram looking out the windows at the banks: UBS, Credite Swiss, Bank Leu, when I realize the road is about to end so I get off at the next stop and see this:



I love the Rhino! I must bank here!

I couldn't take pictures inside, but it was fancy (reflection pool, all leather furniture). My favorite thing about my new bank is that when you walk in an attendant comes up to you and asks you what kind of business you will be doing today and then hands you a number. Then instead of waiting in line, you lounge on leather furniture by the reflection pool with some schmancy people with dogs not even in their purses, some of them smoking cuban cigars, until your number is called. Which was only a couple of minutes and they apologized for the delay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home