einen blog

Monday, July 03, 2006

Knitting train

Because I was so ill last week, I am still without any friends to have weekend fun with. So instead of sitting around the women's boarding house feeling sorry for myself, I decided to get out of town. I wanted to see some mountains, some glaciers and some castles. So, without looking anything up in the lonely planet or using Kurt's list of places, I went to the train station and got on the train that was leaving 2 minutes later. Ah, Bellinzona, I've never heard of you, but you are sure to be wonderful.....anyway, a photo for the knitters aboard the train



the little old lady sitting across from me was absolutely fascinated by the knitting and didn't speak any english so chattered away at me in german, alternately touching the yarn, petting the scarf and attempting to decipher the pattern.


this train was about a mile long and filled with minis, but I didn't manage to get a shot until the end



and Bellinzona, a city with 3 castles in the Ticino region, renowned for its merlot (very good) and food specialty consisting of thin sliced veal topped with tuna fish salad (gross). I ordered the latter after an exchange in broken italian that went something like, me: "insalata mista...", waiter: "especiale??", me :"insalata mista...", waiter: "especiale??", me: "okay, especiale....y vino"

1 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger karrie said...

You speak the international language of Knitting!! Keep your eyes peeled for wacky swiss patterns..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home