einen blog

Thursday, November 09, 2006

rome and fondue

I've had a busy week here, working, going to rome, then working some more. yup, that's right, I went to rome this past weekend with friends. actually, friends that are complete hams - lots of good pictures of them standing in front of things, like Doug in front of the 2nd scariest window display:


one of the best aspects of the trip (for me) was that I got to take a train to rome: nice sleeping compartment, waking up to croissants and fresh espresso, and (!!) no flying! as some of you know, I don't like to fly which has resulted in my looking up things like Ask the pilot, and that nice tag on the side of this blog which is a turbulence tracker. anyway, another excellent bonus was that I got to return to the best deli in Rome, right next to the Vatican Museum Metro Station, it is called

La Tradizione, the address is Via Cipro #8

they let you try all of their prosciuttos, salamis and cheeses, even the ones that sell for 200Eu per kilo. unfortunately they keep italian hours (10-12 and 4:30-8:30) so you have to put them into an itinerary.

but, there's more! last night I had my first made by a swiss person for at home eating fondue. it was excellent, and because it was at home with experienced fondue-ers, I got to learn the "secrets", like you have to make a wish on your first bite, that its bad luck to drop your bread into the pot, and that the swiss-german fondue has three cheeses while the swiss-french only use two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home