einen blog

Monday, July 31, 2006

home!

I finally moved into a permanent place and no longer live in a pension with 40 women. I have my own kitchen, bathroom and balcony. I'm exhausted from moving in > 38C heat. the day I bought furniture and put it in my house it was the hottest day in 146 years. not as hot as Arizona, but still.....

anyway, I love my apartment. it is right on the border between two city districts known as "kreise 3 and kreise 4" (kreise translates to circle). So I live officially in kreise 3 which is kind of posh and quiet (top picture), but I'm on the edge of kreise 4 which is roudy, filled with italians, the red light district and lots of yummy cheap eats (bottom picture). these pictures are from my balcony -




some other apartment pluses are large rooms and a dishwasher:




the building is narrow and tall, so there is only 3 apartments. it turns out this may be the best part about the place....some co-workers were telling me that in their buildings they have a laundry schedule to accomodate the large number of apartments (and small number of washng machines) and are only allowed to launder every 2 weeks!!! sometimes they go on vacation and miss their laundry day and can't do laundry for almost a month.

anyway, back to narrow and tall, here's my beautiful building -

3 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger riverocker said...

nice apt!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger rosebrier said...

Cute place. I am glad you don't have a laundry schedule. :)

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Ingo said...

so cute!
I am muy jealous
I love the dishwasher most of all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home