einen blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

lawrence gets plucked

I had a very exciting thanksgiving - an old fashioned american thanksgiving in england, complete with long weekend. first, wednesday, to london to see an old friend who took me out for a traditional pre-thanksgiving curry. then a train ride to oxford on thurdsay morning where I got to help out with putting the finishing touches on thanksgiving dinner, including the time-honored tradition of plucking the turkey with tweezers (in honor of karrie, we named him....lawrence):



dinner went 4 pm until midnight, and while you may think it was all partying, the reality was that we were so full we couldn't move (pictures here).

the best part of the weekend was that it didn't end there....we went (back) to london friday where we slid down an enormous slide at the Tate Modern Art Museum, went to a bar frequented by members of parliament, ate korean food, saw the seven dials and ended the night at an art gallery opening that featured a painting of a giant pink donut covered in jimmies. saturday found us shopping at the outlet mall...most of the shops we couldn't afford, like versace and jimmy choo (think Sex and the City), but we did all splurge on some nice camper shoes



thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!

6 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger karrie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger karrie said...

Awwww... did you name him during his bath? I made my own turkey on sunday (Norbert) and he was delicious.

Tell me more about the giant pink donut...

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm developing a bit of a love-hate relationship with Lawrence after a solid week of eating him...

I think he might spend the rest of his days in the compost bin...

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger riverocker said...

all I have to say is GROSS. I miss having you guys as housemates but that is one thing that I will never miss.-elowyn

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home