einen blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Number 9, cheap furniture

When I first got my apartment, I was under the impression that in the absence of craigslist furniture I would be either a) buying everything at Ikea, or b) spending a fortune on a leather sofa. It turns out that there are a plethera of Brockenhaus, better known affectionately as the Brocki's. They can either be run by the Heil's Armee, or be independent, such as my favorite shown here. This particular one is only 3 blocks away from my house and is run by an older Indian man and his brother. The brother likes to pretend he's 20 and insists on telling dirty jokes (in perfect english). As far as I can tell he never throws anything away, so there are stacks of vinyl, cassette tapes and broken pottery mixed in with furniture taken from closed down asian restaurants. The only way they could be better is if they sold Levis and t-shirts advertising the local soccer league.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home