einen blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

the dungeon

in my former berkeley life, I had an office on the first floor of the building and the lab was one the 4th floor which always seemed inconvenient....little did I know that it could be worse. in my new zurich working life, my office is in a different building than the labs, and 5 floors apart (my office is on the 2nd floor and the labs on the 3rd sub-basement). which brings me to one of my favorite swiss-isms: the floor numbering scheme is by letter instead of numerals



in this case, "A" is the bottom floor, "E" is the ground floor and "K" is the top, but this is non-standard, sometimes "D" is the bottom floor, "F" is the ground floor and "O" is the top. But two things are always true, (1) there is no "I" floor, kind of like sometimes there isn't a 13th floor and (2) you can never have more than a 25 story building because there aren't enough letters.

anyway, back to the dungeon, which is made more appealing by the decor, in particular, these doors


I live in a Yellow Submarine everyday....

1 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger Greg LaRowe said...

That's one messed up elevator system. The swiss seem so tight to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home